Wednesday, November 5, 2014

!!! Geography of Foreign Students in the United States !!!




        




          Having a higher degree of education gives everyone’s greater flexibility in finding a job, or pursuing a career in today's job market. This article generally outlines the geography of foreign students in the United States (US). Theoretically speaking, this article relies on its reference to primary sources ( geographic statistics ). Being an international student is not just easy to find a job in the US due to giving their complex background in culture, language, and life style. Mostly, young students are smarter all over the world, yet they still come to the United States for higher education and to live.
          When it comes to education, I always choose the US, where I want to pursue my higher studies. It is my dream comes true, when I am actually graduating in a year from the Trinity Washington University, DC, USA. As an international student, it is just a great challenge studying in the US as well as to the new cultural adjustment. My individual and collective embodied experience is a key concept for understanding the US's culture. Since, culture is adaptive and learning, it is in fact a lifelong process. The cultural system is also adaptive to changing environmental, economic, political and social conditions. After coming to the United States, my Indian cultural habits have dramatically changed as I adapted to the internal and external pressures of this country’s culture.
            Cultural is a universal characteristic of human life that touches on everything we do. When I started studying in the United States, I experienced the term called, “Cultural Shock.”  I think, almost every new comers will experience this cultural shock when they face a completely new environment. Personally speaking, as an international student, I am blessed to study in this great nation. International students like me would love to crave knowledge about US and the world and turn that knowledge into a meaningful action in order to be successful in life.              


          

                 In terms of economics, selling higher education to other nations surely helps American economy as well. The amount of money students bring to the United States to support their education might actually help adding some billion to the US economy through tuition fees and other living expenses. To me, if you look at the geography of foreign students in the United States, several states high in percentage and some don't. I think, US should attract more foreign students to come here for quality education there by fulfilling their dreams like mine.  


1 comment: